For years people have taken to journaling to help organise or record their lives. However, recently, people have turned to journaling as a means to help with both their mental and physical health. Many famous people over the years have kept a journal to record their thoughts, feelings or experiences. Journaling can be extremely beneficial to your self care routine and some of these benefits include:
- Processing grief and trauma. Journalling can also help to lessen anxiety and depression symptoms. Overall, journalling is a great way to boost mental health and well-being.
- Boosting immunity and improve overall physical health as it helps you to come to terms with stressful experiences.
- Improved sleep quality as journaling allows you to clear your mind and get all of your thoughts out on to paper. This helps you to sleep with a peaceful mind.
- Achieving goals. Writing down your intentions can help you to keep on track of your goals and dreams. This not only helps you to stay accountable but it also boosts your mental health and ticking items off the list will make you feel like you have achieved something.
- Improve your communication and writing skills. Journaling every day is great practice to make you better at writing and communicating effectively.