For expectant parents, one of their main concerns is how to get baby to sleep through the night. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to help your little one sleep soundly.
With a little bit of patience and these tips, you’ll have a baby who sleeps through the night in no time!
1. Establish a bedtime routine and stick to it as closely as possible. This will help signal to your baby that it’s time for sleep. Start by winding down your baby an hour or two before bedtime. Dim the lights, put on calming music, and give them a bath. Then, nurse or give them a bottle and put them in their crib while they’re still drowsy but awake. This will help them learn how to fall asleep on their own.
2. Make sure your baby is getting enough daytime naps. A well-rested baby is more likely to sleep through the night.
3. Keep nighttime rituals calm and relaxing. This will help your baby wind down and prepare for sleep.
4. Make sure your baby’s sleeping environment is dark, quiet, and comfortable.
5. If your baby wakes up during the night, don’t immediately go in and pick them up. Try to wait a few minutes before going in so they can learn to fall back asleep on their own. Often, babies will eventually go back to sleep on their own if you don’t interfere.
6. Consult with your paediatrician if you’re having trouble getting your baby to sleep through the night. There may be an underlying medical issue that’s causing the problem.
Cherish your little one always by having their photo, handprint or footprint engraved onto a luxury gift or item of jewellery. Memories that last a lifetime!