Your shopping cart is empty!
Engraving Photo Guidelines
I decided to put together some photo guidelines for you, so that when you are ordering your photo product you will have a better idea of which photos will engrave well and which photos will not. Please ensure you read this before uploading your photo online/emailing your photo across to me, as I cannot be held responsible for the quality of the photo you choose to upload. Refunds and replacemenets will not be accepted if you have not followed these guidelines.
- I advise against uploading photos that have been downloaded from Facebook/Social Media, this is because these sites minimize the quality of the photo due to the file compression and cause them to look very pixelated and lose detail, which will make the detail even harder to pick up on the engraving.
- Please avoid screenshots for the same reason as above.
- The engraving quality will depend on the image quality, if you upload a poor quality photo then of course the engraving will not be the greatest.
- Ensure the photo quality is more than 2mb in size
- The better the quality of your photo, the better it will engrave. This is why I recommend that you upload a high resolution and original photo to ensure that I can capture as much detail as possible in the engraving. If your photo is very faint/faded/pixelated then the details will not show up as clearly as they would with a better quality photo. This is not to say that they won't engrave full stop because I have engraved plenty of phone photos/Facebook downloads/old photos but for the best possible outcome please bear this in mind as I cannot be held responsible for the quality of your photo.
- Photos that contain harsh shadows, particuarly across the face, will also have these shadows show up on your engraved product. I will always lighten the photo as best I can but I cannot remove the shadow entirely so again please bear this in mind when uploading your photo and try to upload a photo that has good lighting over the face.
- When ordering the Pandora style charms, cufflinks or the earrings please remember that these are much smaller items, therefore the photo you are uploading will look much smaller than it would on a necklace or a keyring. For this reason it is always best to upload a photo of no more than 2-3 people because the more people that you have in the photo, the more I am going to have to zoom out in order to fit them all inside the heart. This also means that detail will be lost in your photo. Please also ensure that all subjects in the photo are at the same/similar height to each other, so that I do not have to zoom out alot in order to fit them in, because again this means more detail will be lost from the photo. An example of this would be two adults standing and two children sitting - In order to prevent cutting off the children's heads in the engraving, I will need to zoom quite far out to fit them in. It would be much better to have a photo of all subjects sitting down with heads at similar heights and close together, this allows me to keep the engraving quite zoomed in and to bring out alot more detail.
If in doubt about your choice of photo please email Emma before ordering at email@example.com